Thursday, March 31, 2011

What I do on my days off...


Here are some of my latest craft projects that I've been working on.

I made this headboard when we were in Missouri a few weeks ago. Sterling and I cut boards and then covered them with foam, batting, and lastly an old quilt of my grandma's.

Here it is above our bed with some throw pillows I made out of an old tablecloth of my grandma's.

This week I wanted to make something sweet and so Sterling helped me make this cakepops. The idea is from the blog Bakerella.com, which has lots of really cute ideas.

They looked really good on the cake stand Caitlin and Reece got me for my birthday, thanks guys! It's such a perfect little stand, so cute!

I also tried to make some cupcake ones, they kind of turned out like big blobs, but I guess you get the idea.

We definitely enjoyed eating them, they are so good!




Lastly, I made this quilt out of Sterling's superhero t-shirts. He has so many of them, so we thought this would be a fun way to preserve them. I still need to put some sort of backing on it to finish it.

1 comment:

  1. What darling things you are doing. I love the headboard! And I want on of those little chick cakepops. Very clever. But my favorite was the quilt top of Superman t-shirts. I can see that being some little boy's favorite blanket. Keep sewing. It's great!

    ReplyDelete