Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Learning to Paint

Jessee requested that I put some of my paintings on here so she could decide what to order for her living room and probably to size up my skill level. Well its definitely not Van Gogh, but I'm trying and I do think its fun!

This is my latest creation, poppy flowers in a grassy field.


This is one from a picture I took in Norway


This is also from Norway, a really cool bridge in...man I can't even remember the name of the town now, sad.


I really liked the background of this painting but the vase in the front doesn't seem to go with it quite right. ah well


This one was fun to make. First I painted the whole canvas yellow, let it dry, and then smeared a little vaseline in the places I wanted yellow to show through. Then I painted the whole thing blue and when it was dry I wiped off the parts that had the vaseline on it. It kind of gives a cool distressed look. I cut out a damask design on an oversized notecard and used it as a stencil.


This one didn't turn out quite like I wanted. I realized a little too late that the cherry blossoms in the middle needed to be a lot bigger. I need to fix it, but I'm a little bored with it at the moment.


Little farm scene


And finally some flowers!






No comments:

Post a Comment